Ways of Darkness - English version

Be part of a Fantasy RPG which you have never seen before. It unites High Fantasy (magic, elves, orcs, dwarves, halflings, gnomes, dragons) and Dark Fantasy (vampires, werewolves, undead) in a very interesting form.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Ways of Darkness - English/Angol

Share | 

About naming characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stephanus Tavilrond
Administrator - Administrator
Administrator - Administrator

PostSubject: About naming characters   Sun May 29, 2011 11:11 am

Naming is a very important part of creating your character.
It must fit to the race and cultural background of your character. No chat nicknames are allowed, names like Gandalf4562 BattleMage45 and Joey_the_God are forbidden.
But how to find a proper name for the character? It depends on the native language of the character.

Characters whose mother tongue is Taulammen (Wood Elven) or Arquelammen (High Elven), you check this out. Same for Ksh'lammen (Dark Elven) names. If your character is a High Elf - or was born in their cultural sphere - then change K to C, F to PH, W to V, Y to I

For Apanonalammen (Human) names, you pick a random Latin, Germanic or Celtic names, but you can also use normal English, French, German or Italian names. Also, change F to PH, Y and J to I, W to V, K to C or Q. Like, "Yosef" to "Ioseph", "wulf" to "vulph", "Kuthbert" to "Cuthbert", "Burke" to "Burque" or "Burche", "Erik" to "Eric", etc.
I guess Japanese names can be accepted too, if translitereate them in the said way: W to V, Y to I, K to C or Q (Yukari -> Iucari, Kikyo -> Chichio, or Quiquio), CH to C (chi -> ci, che -> ce, cha -> cia, cho -> cio, chu -> ciu), J to G (ji -> gi, je -> ge, ja -> gia, jo -> gio, ju -> giu), GI and GE to GHI and GHE (Genji -> Ghengi), etc.

For Dvergrmal (Dwarf) and Hafrstakanai (Gnome) names, just use Germanic names, Norse (Scandinavian) if possible.

For Vaelahrzan (Halfling) names, just pick any random Italian name.

For Sceotamagi (Lizardman) names, simply use
Sumerian or Babylonian names.

For Hecilammen (Orcish) and Gablion (Goblin and Ogre) names, just use anything that sounds Barbaric, like Gnarog, Groflon, Smakk, Grakh, Korak, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wod-game-en.forumotion.co.uk

About naming characters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1